National Convention Wrap Up
North Carolina FFA was well represented at the 89th National FFA Convention this year. Members from across our state “Transformed” their purpose into action through career development events, proficiency awards, agriscience fair, and invitational events all held at the National FFA Convention October 18-22, 2016.
FFA members and chapters from North Carolina also earned special recognition though their hard work and determination in several different areas:
- Sixty-five North Carolina FFA members earned their American FFA Degrees at the National Convention!
- Mrs. JoAnne Honeycutt was recognized for her contributions to agricultural education and the FFA with the Honorary American FFA Degree.
- Thank you to the student delegates that represented North Carolina during the convention. They provided input into the delegate process and represented the ideas and perspectives of over 19,700 FFA members from North Carolina. They were:
- Alan Johnson, Spring Creek
- Amos Lanier, Harrells Christian Academy
- Aby McIntire, Southern Wayne
- Caroline Yount, Crest
- Madeline Wilhem, West Rowan
- Jamie Gillespie, Camden
- McKayla Robinette, NE Carolina Preparatory School
- The Madison FFA Chapter placed third in the invitational quiz bowl competition.
Congratulations to all the FFA members, advisors, and chapters for their accomplishments at the 89th National FFA Convention! Let us continue to “Transform” our purpose into action as we grow leaders, build communities, and strengthen agriculture by engaging students, supporting our programs and telling our story.