92nd National FFA Convention Results
Congratulations to all of the teams from North Carolina that competed at the 92nd National FFA Convention in Indianapolis! The North Carolina FFA Association was well represented at the 2019 National FFA Convention. North Carolina FFA members from across our state excelled through their participation in proficiency awards, the agriscience fair, and career development events all held at the National FFA Convention, October 30-November 2, 2019 in Indianapolis, Indiana.
|Career Development Event||Chapter||Placing/Rank|
|Ag Issues||West Rowan||4th|
|Ag Sales||West Rowan||Bronze|
|Ag Technology & Mechanical Systems||Enka||5th|
|Conducting Chapter Meetings||Madison Middle||Silver|
|Dairy Evaluation||North Iredell||Gold|
|Dairy Handlers||Providence Grove||3rd|
|Employment Skills||Bartlett Yancey||Bronze|
|Environmental & Natural Resources||High Rock||2nd|
|Extemporaneous Public Speaking||Midway||3rd|
|Farm Business Management||West Rowan||Silver|
|Meats Evaluation||North Lenoir||Bronze|
|Milk Quality & Products||South Caldwell||Bronze|
|Nursery Landscape||Southern Alamance||2nd|
|Poultry Evaluation||West Rowan||Bronze|
|Prepared Public Speaking||West Rowan||Bronze|
|Quiz Bowl-Invitational Event||Madison||5th|
|Div. 1 Animal Systems||Mt. Pleasant Middle||Silver|
|Div. 2 Animal Systems||Meadow Middle||Gold|
|Div. 3 Animal Systems||D.H. Conley||Silver|
|Div. 5 Animal Systems||South Rowan||Gold|
|Div. 5 Environmental Systems||Clayton||Bronze|
|Div. 3 Food Products||Midway||Silver|
|Div. 1 Plant Systems||Mt. Pleasant Middle||Bronze|
|Div. 3 Plant Systems||Northwood||Bronze|
|Div. 5 Plant Systems||South Rowan||Silver|
|Div. 6 Plant Systems||Richlands||Bronze|
|Div. 1 Power Systems||Mt. Pleasant Middle||Gold|
|Div. 3 Power Systems||Richlands||Bronze|
|Div. 5 Power Systems||Midway||Gold|
|Div. 1 Social Systems||Mt. Pleasant Middle||Bronze|
|Div. 4 Social Systems||South Garner||Bronze|
|Div. 5 Social Systems||Midway||Silver|
|Div. 6 Social Systems||Millbrook||Bronze|
FFA members and chapters from North Carolina also earned special recognition through their hard work and determination in several different areas:
- Wayne Landers of the Madison FFA chapter served in the FFA Band.
- Avery Harper of the South Lenoir FFA chapter served as a Talent participant.
- 61 NC FFA members earned their American FFA Degree.
- The Asheboro Zoo School was recognized as a model of innovation chapter in the National Chapter award program.
- Mr. Ray Starling, Mrs. Beth Farrell, Dr. Stephen Edwards, Mr. Johnny Jessup, and Ms. Amy Kidd received the Honorary American FFA Degree.
- Abigail Wilson from the West Rowan FFA chapter was recognized as a finalist in the Sheep Production Entrepreneurship/Placement Proficiency Award area.
- Thank you to the student delegates that represented North Carolina during the convention. They provided input into the delegate process and represented the perspective of over 20,000 FFA members from NC. They were:
Tripp Johnson, Hobbton
Brodie Smith, Eastern Randolph
Joshua Williams, South Johnston
Hannah Houk, Freedom
Chloe Hobbs, Lakewood
Katherine Eastep, Bartlett Yancey
Jesenia Perez-Garcia, Red Springs