2020-2021 DELTA Conference
This information is for all Agricultural Education Teachers with 0-5 years of experience.
The 2020-2021 Developing Educational Leaders and Teachers of Agriculture (DELTA) program meets the DPI requirement for initial CTE restricted license teachers. Teachers holding residency, temporary, or those who are adding agricultural education to an existing teaching license are highly encouraged to attend this beneficial training. This conference will also benefit newly certified teachers. Please see the schedule information listed below. Teachers must attend all five DELTA components to meet the requirement of the 40-Hour New Teacher Induction Program. The DELTA program is coordinated by the North Carolina State Staff Team and the Agricultural Education faculty at North Carolina State University. Certificates of attendance will be provided and a certificate of completion for the 40-Hour New Teacher Induction will be provided upon completion of all five components.
Agricultural Education DELTA Components
- Regional Fall In-Service Meetings - teachers should attend their respective Agricultural Education Fall Regional In-service Meeting (held virtually for Fall 2020) during the months of October and November. The schedule is available online at: https://ncffa.org/news-events/events/
- Agricultural Education DELTA Conference Part I – December 11-12, 2020, at the North Carolina FFA Center in White Lake (lodging is included on the evening of December 10). This conference is being planned for in-person delivery; however, it may be transitioned to online based on current federal, state, and/or local health guidelines.
- Agricultural Education DELTA Conference Part II – March 12-13, 2021, at the North Carolina FFA Center in White Lake (lodging is included on the evening of March 11). This conference is being planned for in-person delivery; however, it may be transitioned to online based on current federal, state, and/or local health guidelines.
- Regional Spring In-Service Meetings - teachers should attend their respective Agricultural Education Spring Regional In-service Meeting during the months of February and March. The schedule will be available online at: http://ncffa.org/news-events/events/
- New and Beginning Agriculture Teacher Workshop at the Annual CTE Summer Conference in July
Registration forms for the two sessions conducted at the North Carolina FFA Center are linked below. Pre-registration is required. There will be no on-site registration. Please note the registration deadlines as well as the fee structure for each conference. The registration fee options are included on the attached registration form. An invoice for the selected registration fee will be sent to the address provided on the registration form after each conference based on the conference delivery method.
Teachers that have missed either Part I or Part II can register for only the part needed to complete the 40-Hour New Teacher Induction program.
Please feel free to contact our office if you have any questions.