April 4, 2016 at 3:00pm
Registration opens online for chapters with 100% NCATA membership.
April 6, 2016 at 3:00pm
Registration opens online for chapters with less than 100% NCATA membership.
Registration MUST be completed online to reserve your spot.
The website for online registration will not be available until the posted dates above. Reservation requests will be accommodated on a first come, first served basis. Once your online registration has been submitted, please mail in a hard copy of your registration (Microsoft Word links below) along with a deposit of $50/student within 5 days. No deposits are necessary for advisors or chaperones. NC FFA reserves the right to decline your reservation request if the deposit is not received within 5 days.
- Online Rec Camp Registration Form
- Camp Registration Form for Weeks 1-6 (Word)
- Camp Registration Form for Mini Week (Word)
- 2016 Camping Program Guide/Handbook for Advisors
- Dress Code Policy and Diagram
- FFA Code of Conduct for Campers
- Meal Calendar - 2016 Full Week
- Meal Calendar - 2016 Mini Week
State Leadership Conference
- Online SLC Registration Form
- SLC Registration Form (Word)
Interested in working for the NC FFA Center?
We are hiring 7-8 summer camp counselors! This paid summer position is great for college students with a love for the outdoors, fellowship, and the FFA.
Camp program staff members will:
- Officiate and coordinate athletic events and programs such as softball, basketball, waterball, or volleyball
- Lead morning exercises and other student activities
- Develop and present reflection program with other staff members
- Facilitate a weekly talent show and dance
- Enforce regulations of the NC FFA Center as established by the camping program
- Work in the camp store by restocking, running the cash register, and conducting inventory
- Assist in registration and check-in
- Provide assistance to the camp staff directors
- Maintain the grounds of the NC FFA Center by mowing, weed eating, conducting building and equipment repairs
Benefits: Weekly pay of $450, air-conditioned lodging, three meals per day, opportunity for additional pay for weekend duty
Duration: The NC FFA Center is in operation from May to October. In that time, we host 7-8 weeks of our traditional camping program (June 13-August 8, 2016). There will be a required paid camp staff cleanup and training before the traditional camping program begins (typically late May or early June).
Additionally, staff members are needed to work with weekend rental groups during these months. Please note that you may be expected to work some weekends during these months. Separate compensation will be provided for weekend rental groups. Lodging is provided, however, meals are not.
Criteria: Camp staff members should be:
- College students
- Life Guard Certified
- First Aid Certified
- AED Certified
- CPR Certified
- Able to pass a complete background check
Up to date certifications are needed by the time of employment in May 2016.
Ideal candidates will be able to work efficiently on a team, adhere to a tight schedule while also being adaptable for changes due to inclement weather, and interact positively with high school aged FFA members/campers, teachers/advisors, and guests. Public speaking skills will benefit camp staff members when leading reflections and facilitating activities, sporting events, talent shows, and dances. Ideal candidates must be able to uphold the values of North Carolina FFA Association. Alcohol, drugs, or weapons are not permitted at the NC FFA Center. Previous FFA experience is preferred but not required.
How to Apply: All interested individuals are encouraged to submit an application by 5:00 PM on February 12, 2016. Please return your application by mail to NCSU Box 7654, Raleigh, NC 27695. You may also email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no faxed applications. Upon reviewing applications, select applicants will be invited for an interview. Any questions can be directed to the NC FFA State Office at (919) 515-4206.
The application can be found here.