Starting an Affiliate
What is an “affiliate?”
Affiliates are groups of alumni members at the local level. They could be a county alumni, or an alumni chapter for a particular high school program. Their efforts directly benefit FFA members in the area of the affiliate.
What is the purpose of an alumni affiliate?
Agriculture teachers rely on FFA alumni members to help ease the outside commitments of teaching, bring more support to agricultural education programs and give teachers more freedom to do what they do best - teach students!
- Chaperone chapter, regional, state and national functions
- Hold a free chili supper
- Assist with FFA fruit sales
- Raise money for an annual scholarship
- Sponsor a FFA member to go to State Convention
- Assist with organizing the chapter banquet
- Serve as advocates for Agricultural Education at school board meetings
- Hold a BBQ cookoff
- Participate in community functions on the behalf of FFA
Starting An Affiliate in Your Area