Grants & Awards
The North Carolina FFA Alumni Chapter Grant Program is designed to provide special program/project funding for FFA chapters with alumni affiliates. Grant funds may be used for any type of chapter activity including, but not limited to, FFA member dues, FFA jackets, state convention registration, career development event registration, registration for camps and conferences, purchases from the National FFA Organization or any other appropriate chapter activity. Preference will be given to innovative ideas and projects. Up to 10 individual $500 grants may be awarded, and applications are evaluated by the NC FFA Alumni Council members.
- If your application is selected, at least one FFA member and one Alumni member must attend the NC FFA Alumni Annual Meeting held during the State FFA Convention to receive the grant.
- If your application is selected, a one-page report is required by December 31, 2019 that includes a short narrative description of project results, at least one photo, as well as receipts (if applicable). Failure to submit the report renders your chapter ineligible for the next grant cycle.
- Completed paper applications with original signatures are due to the North Carolina FFA Office by 5:00pm on Tuesday, January 15, 2019. (No faxes or emails.)
- Only FFA chapters that have an active FFA Alumni affiliate with state and national alumni dues paid in full by the application deadline will be eligible to receive funds (Active: 10 annual members or 25 lifetime members).
- Late applications will not be accepted, and only completed applications will be reviewed.
- Applications should be no longer than one page, using only the spaces provided on the following page to describe your project. No additional or supporting documents are allowed.
Mailing address for applications: NC FFA Alumni, NCSU Box 7654, Raleigh, NC 27695-7654
FedEx/UPS address for applications: NC FFA Alumni, 520 Brickhaven Drive, Room 202, Raleigh, NC 27606
The National FFA Alumni offers many awards to affiliates for their successes. Check them out by clicking here. NC FFA will recognize you on the state level for your outstanding work! Check out more ways to get recognized:
State Basket Contest
Award Categories and Prizes
(Prizes subject to change. One prize per basket.) NOTE: All baskets, other than the Best Overall winner, will be sold in the silent auction and the winners of the President’s Choice and People’s Choice awards will be announced at the live auction.
Criteria for Judging
- Best showcase of the FFA/Alumni/Collegiate FFA
- Best representation of state
- Most creative use of the term “basket”
- Most attractive
- Most unusual
- Best representation of agriculture
All items must fit securely into the basket and be wrapped with clear cellophane. The bottom of the basket cannot be larger than 3x4 ft. A list of the items included in the basket must be clearly visible. State name should be clearly labeled on the basket. The basket can be of any creation. Baskets must be in place by 5 pm, Tuesday of convention to be considered eligible for judging